Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Updates!

Regular readers may have noticed a few changes to the blog happening over the last couple of days, and there are still more to come. First and foremost, I've been posting more. Over the last month, time constraints that have been preventing me from posting more often have become more manageable, and though I don't actually have any more free time than I used to, I've organised my job and other commitments in such a way that I get larger chunks of free time that I can do more with (however, being a parent and doing parental duties is still something you can't "organise").


Secondly, pages on the blog have changed. There is no longer a photos page, but there is now a listing of reviews posted on this blog in it's place, and also a online store listing for retailers of aftermarket foam dart blaster parts and other equipment. The links page has also been updated. If you are a retailer or blogger that would like your page listed, let me know via comment or via the new email: street-tag-warfare@live.com



Ads are now gone completely from the blog, really they were just a placeholder to give the page some colour anyway, I will have to think of something colourful and interesting to put in their place eventually. I'll probably allow ads for the YouTube channel, as that's probably the better platform for them and at least there they can pay to expand the blog more. There's a ton of blasters and mod kits I'd love to review but realistically there is no way I can afford to cover them all out of my own pocket. Every cent any ads generate will go back in to the blog, and hopefully cover the cost of some competitions and giveaways.

Finally: social media updates. Over the next week or two, my personal YouTube account will become the platform for any videos for this blog (about time I started doing videos), and also the Facebook page will be updated more frequently.

I had plans to run a competition in the near future for a logo and banner design for all outlets of this blog, however the readership at the moment isn't anywhere near big enough or active enough to have a healthy competition. So if you'd like to see things like competitions and giveaways, get campaigning! comment on posts and spread the word! show me that you're here and that you want free stuff!!

Ultimately, this blog is owned by the people who read it. If you have suggestions or ideas for Street Tag Warfare, shoot me an email and i'll try to get it done. User submissions are welcome, I especially love high quality mods that I can feature!

2 comments:

  1. And as a further incentive, you've decided to have a really bland stand-in title bar 'till the regulars get tired enough of it to share the blog? ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha it is pretty bland isn't it. It looks even worse without it.

      Think I might have to bring that fix along sooner rather than later...

      Delete