Friday, February 17, 2012

Messing around with the Rayven

Wednesday I *finally* was able to get my hands on the recently released Nerf Rayven to put some shots through. I didn't have a whole lot of time to spare so I only took the one photo from my phone of one decked out senseless. I will do a battle test one day soon, but as for a review I'm not going too in depth, as others already have that base covered (links at the bottom). I will say, however, the Rayven is a little shorter than I expected. I feel that it could potentially be the ultimate blaster for the people who like to dive in to the thick as fast as possible. It's a definite out-of-the-box performer (once you add batteries, of course) and though it won't take out anyone from huge ranges I still think it will induce a bit of fear upon anyone.

Highly impractical, but extremely fun.
The above example feels great to hold, but small aperture barrel extensions really kill the power from this blaster so if you want to use a recon barrel it might be wise to gut it and re-barrel it with some larger diameter PVC. And to think, a few months ago I was upset that there were no bullpup Nerf blasters!

For reviews, check out the following links, in no particular order:
Urban Taggers preview
Nerf Mods and Reviews: Jerm's Review
Nerf Mods and Reviews: Drac's Review
Foam From Above review
(at the time of writing this blog I was pretty tired, so if I've missed any, let me know!)


1 comment:

  1. It really is a great blaster. Just messed around with mine today, actually!

    ReplyDelete